2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Gender Equality
The course “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Gender Equality” serves as an overview for those who only start studying the gender equality issues. It aims at supporting gender equality advocates to position and contextualize their work within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Moreover, the material provided will be helpful for practitioners in charge of SDGs implementation, beyond SDG 5 “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls”, to get understanding on how gender equality is related to their work, identify what the entry points for promoting gender equality are, and how gender equality is integrated into the measurement criteria for the achievement of a particular SDG and its targets.
The course’s curriculum:
- The history and scope of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the interlinkages with gender equality including through the Leave No One Behind framework
- How and why gender equality is integrated across the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs
- The arguments for gender equality and how it relates to each of the 17 SDGs
- Gender equality and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development targets and indicators
- The way forward including through stakeholder engagement and ideas and examples of good practice