Performance Audit Methodology (PAM). Module 1
The course Performance Audit Methodology (PAM) is created by the European Court of Auditors and consists of five modules.
Module one will provide the general introduction:
- Identify what is a Performance Audit, and the differences between PA and other audit products;
- The Performance Audit Approach;
- The 3 Es (economy, efficiency, effectiveness).
Global learning objectives
At the end of the 5-module training, learners should be able to:
- Identify the principles of a performance audit;
- Distinguish a performance audit from other audits (financial and compliance audits, internal audits), other products from the Court (e.g. reviews, opinions), as well as from similar products outside the audit world (e.g. evaluations);
- Identify and know the key principles for the different stages of the performance audit, based primarily on international standards and be able to relate those to the Court’s standards;
- Identify tools to conduct each stage of a performance audit and be able to select them appropriately.