Education Trends Reviews
- 6 December 2022
- Posted by: SAI Russia
- Category: News
The international consulting company McKinsey has published a new report on digital education. The authors of the publication noted 5 key trends of the EdTech market in 2022:
- A record increase in private investment: 20.8 billion US dollars in 2021, which is more than 40 times higher than the volume of investments in 2010.
- Bringing together major players to achieve maximum positive scale effect.
- Professional retraining programs are considered as a necessity in conditions of high competition in the labor market.
- India is a global leader in attracting investment in the field of educational technologies (18% of the world market). Financing of educational technologies in India in the period 2016-2021 increased from 0.2 billion US dollars to 3.8 billion US dollars.
- Knowledge is not an end in itself. Interest in educational programs is due to the need for employment or further career advancement.
The new OECD report “Education at a Glance 2022” examines all levels of education, the growth in the number of students in higher education institutions and the associated benefits for individuals and society. The authors of the report pay special attention to the article of expenditures on higher education and their distribution by various states and individuals.
A separate chapter is devoted to the COVID-19 crisis and the transition from crisis management to recovery.